Saturday, March 3, 2012

God is strong enough to lead

I have learned in the past two years of my life that I enjoy ballroom dancing. My favorite dances are Salsa, Cha Cha, Bachata, and Meringue.
It is not easy and requires much patience and practice. But as I continue to do the dances I can see that I am getting better and better. One of the most important parts of ballroom dancing is to have a good dancer to lead the woman. This man is to have the confidence and character that can make any woman look good on the dance floor and I mean any woman. My friend described it to me so well one night. She said you can compare it to relationships. The man is to lead his wife. But to do this he needs Confidence, good character and strength. It is his job to make his wife shine. I feel when you have a great partner when you are dancing he can lead you and he will make you shine on the dance floor and make you feel like a princess for that 3 minutes of a song.
But I know for certain someone else who is is strong enough to lead anyone if we let him. God wants to shower us with his love and be the Heavenly father that you will ever know. His character is described in Psalm 136:1-For he is good,for his steadfast love endures forever.
I can compare the relationship to dancing. I remember when I was dancing one night my partner for that one particular dance told me to never look down at my feet, and I said " I still do because I am not confident in my dancing just quite yet. He told me you can be Trisha, you are Great, and you just have to believe it!!!Now I heard this before from other partners on other nights but that night I decided I was not going to look down at my feet again and then I was confident.
This is how God looks at us. He sees us right where we are and he sees the potential in us and he is confident that we can shine like stars in the universe to show his love to the world. Philippians 2:15. He is just waiting for us to make that decision to have the confidence to believe him and trust him. Times will come such as trials, difficulties, temptations that will at times make you feel like giving up. But this is part of the walk with God into molding us into the people he wants us to be. Its not supposed to be easy. We are not guaranteed blessings in this life. Never give up... Just like I am getting better at dancing. It takes time, patience, and I make mistakes.The people that God is molding us to be will take a life time. We are masterpieces in progess. It is his hope that he can show his love through our lives. Everything that happens he will work for good. Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment